1. Are you a retail outlet? - No, we do not sell glass or glass supplies - this is a working studio.
2. Are you open regular hours? No, we are retired and run the shop/studio a s a hobby. We are often away on family and personal business. When we are home we are at the shop, long and irregular hours. You can contact us at 306-492-4665 (message manager) or 306-230-6523 (Al's cell).
3. Do you welcome visitors? Yes, but it is a working studio so it is helpful for us to know if you are coming. Tours can be arranged.
4. Do you teach classes? Yes, we teach glass blowing and sand casting classes on several weekends in the fall, late winter, and early spring. Classes are usually held on weekends and are 8 hours long on each of Saturday and Sunday. One day classes with limited scope can be arranged for groups of 4 – 6 participants upon request. We also host many of the Saskatoon Glassworkers' Guild Workshops. They are taught by a variety of guild members and outside artists. .
5. Do you rent space for glassblowers? If people have taken classes and can work safely, we will consider limited rental.
6. Do you do custom work? Yes, we like to do things we haven't done before. We like a challenge, especially projects that stretch our skills.
7. Do you do "special requests or projects"? We have done special requests for weddings, baptisms, funerals etc. We are able to make masks of hands, faces etc. Cremated ashes of pets or loved ones can be incorporated into paper weights etc. Because our glass furnace is only on for a few months in the spring and fall, requests should be discussed well in advance.
8. Do you teach basic Stained Glass or Fusing etc.? No, we focus on hot and warm glass so often we will do classes on kiln casting, sand casting, and glass blowing. We also have some play days with glass mosaics.
9. Do you recycle window glass? Yes, we recycle whatever we can. Popcorn bowls and salad bowls can be made from plate glass windows. We can use large pieces of plate glass. We can't use very thin, very old, safety glass, tempered glass, or mirror. If you would like to donate some glass please call and we will see if it fits our needs.
10. Do you hire people? No, we are not a commercial operation. We are a hobby studio.